We specialise in Tiffany lamp shade and panel repairs. We have been working with stained glass for nineteen years. We use traditional methods and materials - no plastics or art paints here!
Double soldering gives a strong AND handsome finish, in and out.
Every stained glass product shown on this web site has either been designed, made or repaired by us.
During and after pictures of this large lamp repaired in September. The large area without glass is where 39 pieces of glass had to be removed to enable replacement of nine broken or dislodged. There were a further nine in a second area. (Second one of the same design that we have repaired).
This shade had 22 pieces of glass that were broken.
Matching up took some doing as the glass was hand rather than machine made. A stunning shade.
From a Customer in North Yorkshire. There were 15 pieces of glass that were broken and had to be replaced involving considerable disassembly of the shade. Fabtastic result.
In a dark corner, this is a lovely moody lamp.
This screen looked as though it had been stood upon. 17 broken pieces of glass had to be replaced; the distortion was removed during reassembly.
A stunning piece of art to work on!
8 inches square
One whole side had to be removed and disassembled in order to make the repairs.
What a mess.
There were 3 broken and missing curved glass pieces and the framework itself was damaged and distorted.
We had to have our kiln man make a mould for the curves. Once the panes were made a painstaking and protracted reassembly process began.
Initially the frame was stabilised with wire, and then it was reassembled. Following insertion of the glass I had to solder repairs in the frame until it became strong enough to hold itself together while hanging from the ceiling. Patination and cleaning then saw the job done!
This lamp came to me for repair with all four sides detached from each other and from the crown (where the issues originated).
There were 5 broken or missing glass pieces.
The four sides were repaired and the lamp reassembled and the crown attachment reinforced.
A classic good looking Prairie style lamp shade emerged!
This lamp came to me for repair, from London. There was a lot of broken glass and the vase cap (the crown) had been broken off.
96 pieces of glass had to be removed and refitted. About half of them were cracked or shattered and these were replaced.
This lamp came to me with three badly smashed panels, from Harrogate.
The three petals had to be replaced. Heavy metal work made this more difficult than usual.
The top section was parting company with the rest of the lamp and there were half a dozen broken panes.
The lamp falling away from the crown is common in large lamps. This is due to a lack of reinforcement where there is a long horizontal join in the design and no vertical reinforcement to keep everything tight.
This is the toughest project I have ever taken on. When it arrived the whole crown was detached and in pieces, and as you can see in the photograph, many of the vertical seams on the side were coming apart.
In the end I decided to tie the lamp together, possible in this case because of the metal decoration (black leaves in the photograph). From there I was able to make a start.
First the loose glass and crown were removed and cleaned up. Vertical seams were repaired (with proper thick soldering). A reinforcing wire was then soldered all the way round the lamp at the "shoulder". The top row of glass was then re-fixed into position and a second reinforcing wire was soldered in all the way round the top.
This lamp came to me for repair, from a customer in Kent.
You can see the distortion clearly in the photograph, but there were also 50 odd pieces of glass that were cracked or displaced.